Internet Loan Officer
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Lending Team as an Internet Loan Officer. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
A Consumer Direct loan officer is a client focused position. Our loan officers will be provided with some of the best possible mortgage leads in the industry. These opportunities are generated through partnerships with providers such as Bankrate, Zillow, and other mortgage rate tables. It is imperative for the position that the loan officer be capable of providing knowledgeable advice and superior client experience to well qualified clients located across the country. This is a unique opportunity to offer exceptional clients some of the best terms in the mortgage industry, work with a fantastic team of peers and coworkers, and position yourself to thrive in purchase and refi markets.
A Loan officer should expect to receive 3 to 5 high converting leads each day. The performance expectation for an individual loan officer is closing 10 plus loans each month. .
• Be familiar and comfortable using a lead management system and pricing engine as part of process and workflow.
• Have confident, persuasive and effective ability to communicate by phone, email and text.
• Interview potential customers to collect and review customer's financial needs and work with the customer to structure the most beneficial loan based on needs.
• Knowledge of conforming, VA and FHA loan guidelines, and ability to stay current on all updates to guidelines, and changes are vital to success.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with operations staff.
• Maintain high level of customer service as reflected in reviews on Zillow.
• Ability to have flexible work schedule to meet needs of client in multiple time zones.
• Desire to set and fulfill aggressive individual sales targets.
• Capacity to maintain and organize large loan pipeline.
• Capability to thrive in a demanding, fast paced, high volume setting.
• Be able to work onsite in a close knit team environment.
• Attend staff, department, and other meetings as requested.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• College degree or equivalent work/life experience in the field.
• 2 years' experience in a lead based mortgage sales position, or 5 years of retail mortgage loan origination experience.
• Knowledge of secondary market mortgage guidelines and underwriting requirements.
• Technical aptitude to effectively utilize tools needed for job role ( pricing engine, lead management, DU, LPA, LOS)
• Valid driver license required to perform primary/essential duties.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Self-starter, motivated, and capable of maintaining a positive relationship with realtors, and co-workers.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills with the ability to interact professionally with employees, clients, vendors, and the community.
• Ability to work politely and effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and utilize effective judgment while working under the pressure of deadlines along with handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE