- Providence, RI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Georgia Retail Lending Team in the North East Region as a Closer. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position will focus on preparing closing packages for Conventional, FHA, RD, VA Construction, HELOC and Portfolio loans, closing instructions, disbursement/booking sheets and disbursing funds. The loan closer will conduct comprehensive reviews of all loan packages in order to ensure that loans are closed and disbursed in accordance with the Investor Loan Policy as well as Northpointe Bank's policy.
• Monitor dashboard to ensure superior service level delivery to both internal and external clients.
• Review and audit pre-closing mortgage loan file.
• Prepare required documents necessary for the loan to close in compliance with regulations and investor requirements.
• Review closing documents for accuracy.
• Work under tight deadlines and time constraints while maintaining a low error rate
• Extensive knowledge of the different requirements for closing Conventional, FHA, RD and VA loans as well as the differences of a refinance and purchase.
• Assist Post-Closing team to clear any suspense conditions when applicable.
• Prepare closing packages for all product types Northpointe Bank offers
• Prepare final CDs according to specific product and UW requirements.
• Determine funding amount and send wire to title company upon disbursement.
• Assist Construction Draw Specialist as necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of customer service experience preferred.
• At least 1 year retail mortgage experience required.
• At least 3-5 years mortgage closer experience required.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE