Loan Shipping Specialist
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Retail Lending Team as a Loan Shipping Specialist in the Grand Rapids Office. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position's responsibilities include, shipping complete and accurate closed loan files to investors in a timely manner. This will include ensuring that files are shipped according to investor regulations. The loan Shipping Specialist is expected to work effectively with investors and co-workers to ensure smooth transactions and meet designated deadlines.
• Responsible for the shipment and tracking of original loan notes.
• Ship complete loan files (both electronic format and paper) to investors, monitoring a shipping dashboard to determine priority.
• Work with investors and co-workers to rectify any shipping challenges.
• Ensure that all work instructions are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
• Respond to inquiries from investors and internal clients as necessary.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least two years of experience in post loan closing/loan shipping with an understanding of the lending process and procedures preferred.
• Working knowledge of residential loan processing; residential closing documents and process, including FHA and conventional regulations and laws and FHA insurance regulatory requirements preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE