Loan Review Analyst - Correspondent Lending
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Correspondent Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Correspondent Lending Team as a Loan Review Analyst. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for the pre-funding documentation review of closed correspondent loans to ensure accuracy and completeness of loan documentation in accordance with Northpointe Bank guidelines, investor guidelines and government regulations. Duties also include completing data entry from loan documentation, accurate entry of document deficiency conditions, reviewing and clearing conditions as well as assisting correspondent clients with any questions or concerns.
• Ensure that all work instructions are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
• Responsible for the reviewing closed correspondent loans to ensure they were closed correctly, are complete and meet compliance, investor and bank standards.
• Create loan conditions in the LOS for missing or incorrect items, receive and review documentation to clear conditions and clear the conditions or provide further communication.
• Respond to inquiries from correspondent clients and internal customers as necessary.
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least two years of experience in post loan closing with an understanding of the lending process and procedures preferred.
• Working knowledge of residential loan processing; residential closing documents and process.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE