Loan Officer Assistant - Internet Lending
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Lending Team as a Mortgage Team Assistant. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for working with a team of high producing Loan Officers to assist in ensuring that all items necessary to clear underwriting conditions are obtained and the loan is moved to closing.
• Review and audit initial loan submission from Loan officers, by sorting the loan documents and filing them in the appropriate spots within the imaging system.
• Order and prepare any required documents necessary for the loan to close in compliance.
• Work with third party vendors to obtain necessary documents for the loan file.
• Assist in streamlining daily processes and procedures.
• Meet or exceed closed loan goals each month with no errors.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of customer service experience required.
• At least two years of mortgage processing and basic underwriting experience preferred.
• Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complicated issues as they arise
• Experience with the following: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, RD, MSHDA, OHFA, Wells Fargo and FHLB is preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining satisfactory results.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and customers, work independently and is self-motivated.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media