Loan Accounting Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Accounting Team as a Loan Accounting Manager. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position will ensure transactions processed by Investor Accounting and Loan Servicing are processed in an accurate and timely manner by reviewing reconciliations completed by staff and assisting in research needed to clear reconciling items. Ensure accurate reporting of loan balances for the financial statements, internal reports and regulatory reports by completing the balancing of loan accounts to loan trial and coordinating corrections. Position requires an individual with an ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters.
• Daily review of recons completed by staff for various loans in process g/l accounts, assist in researching reconciling items and ensure proper communication and follow through to resolve reconciling items.
• Prepare weekly recon of loan principal, accrued interest, deferred fees and cumulative interest paid.
• Prepare various general ledger entries pertaining to loan items.
• Prepare monthly board reports pertaining to loans.
• Assist in allowance for loan loss preparation and proper reporting of recoveries and chargeoffs.
• Prepare support and complete various loan related schedules on quarterly call report.
• Serve as a liaison between loan servicing and accounting to ensure general ledger accounts are used properly.
• Provide backup support for loan system maintenance and mapping.
• Participate in projects pertaining to loan operations and accounting such as training on new software and testing upgrades.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business.
• Five to eight years' experience in and knowledge of mortgage servicing or bank accounting, specifically loan accounting and regulatory reporting
• Excellent knowledge of and use of Excel.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE