Loan Officer Assistant
- Laguna Hills, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Retail Lending Team as a Loan Officer Assistant. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for assisting the assigned loan officer(s) in the closing of loans. This includes, but it not limited to working with the loan officer to structure the loan according to guidelines, submitting files to the operations team for underwriting, explaining and following up with clients on outstanding conditions, submitting conditions to operations team for review, coordinating closing date, time, and location, communicating final settlement numbers, along with general pipeline management and marketing assistance.
• Preparation of complete packages to be sent to underwriting with a thorough understanding of each investors stacking order and ability to ship.
• Ensure that Verification of Employment has been received and properly accounted for.
• Prepare additional documents in Microsoft Word (as needed).
• Order and review title commitments to verify all requirements have been completed.
• Order, prepare and verify any required documents necessary for the loan to close in compliance.
• Update Dashboard on a daily basis.
• Monitor purchase loans for due diligence, financing contingency and closing date expiration.
• Review all conditions when they come in from underwriting to summarize and prepare for Client communication.
• Monitor pipeline for refinances paying off FHA loans as necessary.
• Provide support to the Operations Team as necessary.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least three years of customer service experience preferred.
• At least one year mortgage processing experience required.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of mortgage documents.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining satisfactory results.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and customers, work independently and be self-motivated.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE