- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Accounting Team as an Accountant II. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position performs a broad range of accounting and operational support duties for Northpointe Bank and related entities, including daily balancing routines, general ledger entries, accrual accounting, correspondent account reconcilements, application balancing monitoring and resolution, financial reporting, general ledger account reconcilements, processing ACH return transactions and processing payroll entries.
• Perform daily reconciliation of the correspondent bank account with the Federal Reserve Bank, research and resolve reconciling items.
• Daily communication with loan payment department and process ACH payment return transactions.
• Daily reconciliation of ACH payments in process account, research and resolving reconciling items.
• Perform daily reconciliation of Mortgage Purchase Program loan and payments in process accounts
• Process payroll entries.
• Post recurring monthly general ledger entries including accrual entries.
• Prepare fixed asset accounting entries using Sage software
• Prepare deposit account reconciliations
• Prepare reconciliations for correspondent accounts, investments, other borrowings and other various general ledger accounts.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and other internal reports.
• Escheatment processing.
• Manage the company credit cards with Visa/Zions
• Provide intra-departmental (Accounting, Operations, Loan Operations) backup as assigned.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business.
• Three to six year experience in and knowledge of bank accounting and operations functions
• Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE 9