Loan Servicing Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Loan Servicing
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our team as a Loan Servicing Boarding Manager. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to: management of team of Loan Boarding Specialists and File Room Clerk, maintenance and review of data integrity between origination and servicing system against loan documents. Review of specialty products for the existing portfolio, assisting with monthly and annual audit requests, verification of data through exception reporting internal communication and escalation to appropriate departments for missing or incorrect data, updating processes and procedures , and assistance with system conversions and projects as needed.
• Identify and understand the duties of the Boarding Specialists
• Assistance with review and implementation of new loan boarding system enhancements
• Assist in daily LOI file activation for loan boarding and month-end processes
• Work with IT department for LOI mapping updates as needed for automation or new products
• Complete reviews of all ARM and HELOC loan audits completed by Specialists
• Assist in training new employees and reviewing cross-training of existing employees
• Complete loan audits for internal employee loans
• Oversee File Room management and daily work of File Clerk
• Review and distribute department reports and create requests for new reports with Business Intelligence department as needed
• Assist with review of new loan product offerings and servicing system and LOI mapping impact
• Gather documentation and assist with monthly and periodic internal and external audits
• Communicate and escalate incorrect or missing document or data information to appropriate department and / or management group for clarification or resolution
• Maintain Loan Boarding department processes and procedures
• Assist with conversions or projects tied to new loan boarding through origination system, servicing system, and mapping between systems.
• Demonstrate positive leadership qualities by assisting other Loan Servicing Representatives with questions and research requests.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Three to four years of management experience in developing teams.
• Previous Loan Servicing Management experience preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of various mortgage loan types and mortgage servicing procedures.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking/servicing software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers.
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Ability to multi-task with limited errors in job function.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE