- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Retail Lending Team as a Capital Markets Jr. Trader This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position shall work to assist in the development and execution of the Bank's trading, loan pricing and pipeline hedging strategies. The position's primary responsibility is to work with the Traders to ensure that the interest rate risk for loans to be sold in the secondary capital market. Individual will possess a strong working knowledge of loan pricing and pipeline hedging strategies. The position shall work at mitigating the Bank's interest rate risk. Position requires an individual with an ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters
• Work to ensure that the development, implementation, and overall process within the secondary marketing policies and standards are ensuring the interest rate and accumulation risks associated with the loans held for sale yield the expected gain on sales margins.
• Lead the assigned pipeline to ensure that it is accurately hedged. Oversee and analyze, on a daily basis, the risks associated and then sold on a timely basis. This ensures the earning of target margins.
• Ensure all activities adhere to the Banks Mortgage Risk Management Policy (99-202)
• Monitor competitor pricing and report to management any needed margin adjustment to remain competitive in the markets we are in.
• Proactively engage investors, dealers, vendors, correspondent clients, retail managers, and other outside sources to ensure the Bank keeps a competitive edge in pricing, technology, and processes
• Manage lock administration and loan sale reporting activities.
• Communicate with applicable staff to ensure all originated loans are eligible for sale to targeted investors consistent with the company's exit strategy for the loans it accumulates.
• Work with the Residential Lending department leadership on strategic business plans to integrate with the overall corporate goals to grow revenues and control interest fluctuation loss.
• Directly work with all departments within the organization to remove obstacles, improve efficiency and build teamwork between groups. This includes, but is not limited to building solid relationships with s, operations, and sales staff within each of the 3 channels, Retail, Correspondent, Community Lending.
• Timely submission of reports including average rates, sale activity and any other pertinent data.
• Continuously improve the operations through procedural, system, and policy enhancements while ensuring continued compliance within operating departments for compliance measures as detailed in number 16 below.
• Communicate with regions and internal departments regarding error trends, processes or training deficiencies. Make recommendations or find innovative solutions.
• Participate in bank management activities as a leader/member of project teams as assigned.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes; reviewing related publications; participating in professional societies/activities; establishing networks.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• BS/BA Degree in accounting, finance or business.
• Three to five years analytical experience specifically in the mortgage market with a solid understanding of residential lending. This includes loan processing, servicing, collections and state and federal guidelines.
• Proven analytical skills and experience developing those skills in others.
• Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Motivated and capable of maintaining a positive relationship with brokers, vendors, and co-workers; have ability to work toward increasing loan volume without sacrificing quality.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining satisfactory results.
• Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individuals/customers.
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. Previous leadership, management and training experience with a team of three or more individuals a plus. Ability to plan, organize and direct department functions
• Effective problem resolution and decision-making skills; record of making sound business decisions. Possess a sense of anticipation and foresight to avoid challenging problems and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team-oriented environment.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE