- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Retail Lending team as a Construction Specialist. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for managing construction loan pipeline from loan closing to home completion; focused on service, compliance, efficiency, and loan eligibility to final investor as applicable. The primary duties of this role include monitoring of construction pipeline, document updates and enhancements, and disbursement of construction funds. The Construction Specialist will work with other team members in the closing, underwriting, loan servicing and post close functions within the loan department to provide a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
• Processing draws for both construction and home improvement loans ensuring the proper documentation is verified, work is complete and that the bank preserves its priority lien position.
• Monitor all construction and home improvement loans to assure the projects are completed per the timing requirements set forth on the closing documentation.
• Preparation and correspondence to borrowers and builders. Including but not limited to Welcome
• Letter to Builder and Borrower, Change in Terms and 60 day letters
• Manage construction documentation to ensure compliant, borrower service focused and consistent with product requirements. Create and update corresponding checklist and other documents as deemed necessary to streamline process and confirm items are not missed.
• Complete state research. Work with title companies and other sources to identify regulations and requirements necessary to offer construction lending in additional states as well as maintain compliance within current lending markets.
• Provide exceptional customer service to builders and borrowers by proving assistance to questions relating but not limited to timing, payments, process and setting expectations.
• Communication with borrowers to obtain any further documentation necessary at time of conversion and sale to final investor.
• Monitor and maintain Builder eligibility list. Confirm new builders go through proper channel for eligibility. Ensure documentation relating to license and insurance are up to date.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes and/or by participating in other industry-related activities.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of customer service experience preferred.
• At least one year mortgage processing/closer experience required.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media