- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Information Systems
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Information Systems team as a Network Administrator. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for the assisting in the design, install, and support of the bank's LAN (local-area network), WAN (wide-area network), SAN, Phone Systems, printers, scanners, network segment, firewall, Internet or intranet system. Provide day-today on-site and off-site administrative support for software users in a variety of work environments. Maintain network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor the network to ensure its availability to system users. Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing network security measures and for the development, management, and distribution of network, server, and security logs monthly to supervisor.
This positions will:
• Manage, maintain, and develop network infrastructure.
• Assist with server system operations such as patching and break fix.
• Assist with phone system operations.
• Provide level 2 and level 3 support to Help Desk staff.
• Assist in designing, evaluating, and implementing new hardware and software solutions.
• Perform ongoing maintenance functions on all server and network systems and peripherals.
• Install new and upgraded hardware and software systems as assigned.
• Assist in the configuration of network systems supporting critical business functions.
• Perform troubleshooting on routine system problems and errors.
• Serve as a backup for various systems and operations duties, as assigned.
• Create and test business continuation systems to insure the banks systems can function during system of facility outages.
• Assist in managing the day-to-day network systems operations, including the bank-wide LAN/WAN, the telephone system, telephone banking systems, and other network servers and sub-systems.
• Maintains and configures network and PC-based systems, including hardware, software, and telecommunications components.
• Provides level 2 and 3 support to help desk staff and customers.
• Participates in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new and upgraded information systems as assigned.
• Help maintain the Bank's "test" systems, used to conduct pre-production testing on changes made to products, services, parameters, and processes.
• Initiates and performs various systems operations, including nightly updates, month-end cycles, data tape backups, and daily transaction file processing as assigned.
• Occasionally travels around the country to remote sites to assist in the installation of new remote office networks, as assigned.
• Provide backup/support on Linux or other key banking systems as assigned by Network Operations Manager.
• Performs routine tests and maintenance procedures to ensure that the systems are operating within prescribed capacity limits.
• Provide ongoing quality service to the Bank's customers.
• Responsible for documenting systems and processes used in day to day maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• At least two years of college or technical training in computer science or information technologies. Certification in network systems administration or the intent to become certified is desirable.
• At least two years' experience in troubleshooting PC's and peripherals in a multi-location environment preferred.
• Experience with Networking, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, MS Office Suite, and general systems.
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Flexible work schedule in order to provide support/complete assigned projects (e.g., upgrades, installations) during non-business hours.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and handle a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Capacity to learn quickly and comprehend highly technical detailed information.
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE