- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Retail Lending team as a Jr. Closer. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position works with the Closing Department to provide support with the closing duties. The positions primary responsibility will be timely issuing of the Closing Disclosure. Responsibilities include but are not limited to issuing and redisclosing the CD, monitoring pipelines, backup for assigning loan files, providing assistance to closers.
• Prepare the Initial Closing Disclosure and monitor receipt from clients.
• Knowledgeable in TRID regulations relating to specific documentation and timing requirements.
• Works closely with closers, loan coordinators, sales staff, and closing agents to ensure accurate numbers are disclosed to clients.
• Responsible for re-disclosing any additional fees, changes in rates and terms or loan amounts after initial CD has been disclosed and changes are made.
• Monitor pipelines to ensure files are disclosed according to strict timelines.
• Reviews loan file documents and works with all parties to notify of any deficiencies or corrections that are needed.
• Keep up to date on industry standards and changes both State and Federal
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of customer service experience required.
• At least one year mortgage post close, processing, or closing experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other title/mortgage/banking software).
• Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individuals/customers. The ability to interact effectively with other team members to promote team work and assist with Bank wide work flow.
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, attention to detail and analytical skills. Ability to plan and organize work flow.
• Effective problem resolution and decision-making skills; record of making sound decisions. Possess a sense of anticipation and foresight to avoid challenging problems and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, while following a task through to completion.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while delivering superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE