Capital Markets Administrator
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Capital Markets Team as a Capital Markets Administrator. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
The position administers the buying and selling of mortgage real estate loans, and conducts loan pricing according to the company's profit margin goals and current market conditions. The successful employee manages the rate lock commitment function, ensuring superior customer service to retail loan officer and correspondent clients.
• Review daily pricing with the Capital Markets Trader / Secondary Marketing
• Manager and prepare retail and correspondent pricing and post to EnterpriseLOS and internet systems.
• Oversee the commitment desk e-mail queue, assisting internal customers with pricing questions and lock changes.
• Monitors new lock requests, relocks, extensions and confirms base pricing and adjustments based on posted pricing
• Assist with the pooling of loans to secondary market investors.
• Maintains and monitors best effort position by locking, extending, and/or relocking loans with secondary market investors.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of all department reporting needs.
• Support and assist the secondary marketing department with all other duties assigned
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related field and/or equivalent experience
• Strong expertise with Microsoft Excel preferred
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE