Quality Control Analyst
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our team as a Quality Control Analyst. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for performing duties related to servicing quality control audit functions. This position will assist the AVP of Quality Control in monitoring various servicing areas in accordance to federal laws, FHA guidelines, Agency guidelines as well as the Bank's Quality Control Plan. The Quality Control Analyst will work within established timeframes to prepare initial reports, contact management for audit responses, prepare the final report to be presented to senior management, and track corrective action plans.
• Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly findings reports for Servicing Quality Control audits within required time frames and in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA guidelines including the Bank's Quality Control Plan.
• Assist in the Bank's third-party servicing QC audit vendor relationship, including providing monthly reports and supporting documentation to the Vendor for monthly and quarterly audit requests.
• Partner with servicing business units to ensure all findings, responses and rebuttals are addressed appropriately including consistent follow-up and monitoring action plans for continuous improvement.
• Act as a liaison between the servicing business units and the third-party servicing QC vendor.
• Assist in optimizing efficiencies in QC auditing, investigation, response and reporting processes with the third-party quality control vendor.
• Assist in the monitoring of the Bank's third-party servicing audit vendor for ongoing quality and accuracy in accordance to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA guidelines and the Bank's Quality Control Plan.
• Assist in performing targeted reviews of identified risks (complaints, QC trends, investor or regulator) in servicing areas.
• Assist in the creation of standard operating procedures, work instructions and reporting templates.
• Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly management reports within established deadlines.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes; reviewing related publications; participating in professional societies/activities; establishing networks.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• 3+ years of mortgage industry experience, at least 2 years in servicing and default servicing experience is a plus.
• 2 years knowledge of mortgage regulatory compliance requirements, quality assurance, and mortgage operations.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel software preferred.
• Excellent level of oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and perform problem solving and decision making under minimal supervision.
• Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other title/mortgage/banking software).
• Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individuals/customers. The ability to interact effectively with employees in order to motivate, direct work flow, assess performance, and delegate duties.
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. Previous leadership, management and training experience with a team of three or more individuals a plus. Ability to plan, organize and direct department functions.
• Effective problem resolution and decision-making skills; record of making sound business decisions. Possess a sense of anticipation and foresight to avoid challenging problems and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while delivering superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE