BSA AML Analyst
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our team as a BSA AML Analyst. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for monitoring and investigating suspicious activity related to mortgage and depository accounts in accordance with policies, standard operating procedures, and federal and state consumer financial laws and regulations. This position requires critical thinking in the analysis of data to identify possible suspicious activity. The BSA-AML Analyst will review alerts related to mortgage and depository account transactional data, making recommendations for and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports. Position requires an individual with an ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters.
• Audit transactional data through testing and loan monitoring activities.
• Generate loan monitoring reports and communicate the results to management as appropriate.
• Work collaboratively with the Compliance Manager to identify potential suspicious activity.
• Assist with the review of depository alerts regarding potential suspicious activity, which are generated by the Bank's automated BSA/AML software.
• Assist with the generation and preparation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR's)
• Assist with the generation and preparation of the monthly Anti-Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing report for the Audit Committee.
• Assist management in the coordination of and responding to external BSA/AML audits and reviews, including the accumulation of requested information, on-site activities, and the reporting process.
• Conduct research as needed to ascertain the nature of transactional data.
• Undertake training on the Bank's automated BSA/AML software.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes; reviewing related publications; participating in professional societies/activities; establishing networks.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Prior experience in the financial institutions industry with a working knowledge of regulatory BSA/AML requirements, deposit banking, and mortgage origination and servicing (performing and default servicing) preferred.
• Ability to work independently and perform problem solving and decision making under minimal supervision.
• Proven project management skills with demonstrated success in handling multiple high priority projects.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) with the ability to interact professionally with employees, customers, directors, vendors, and the community at large.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.). Experience with BSA/AML alert generating software is preferred.
• Experience in the preparation of technical reports (i.e. Suspicious Activity Reports).
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team-oriented environment.
• Effective problem resolution and decision making skills; record of making sound business decisions. Possess a sense of anticipation and foresight to avoid problems and/or difficult situations.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE