Loan Officer - Consumer Direct
- MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Lending Team as an Internet Loan Officer This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
Each position at Northpointe Bank requires a high level of commitment to exceptional client service and client relationship development. The Internet Loan officer promotes a favorable bank image by selling and closing loan products and building business relationships with clients, referral sources and within the community.
• Energetically and professionally develops a 'Get it Done' environment when dealing with internal and external clients.
• Originate and close real estate mortgage loans that are profitable and meet the established guidelines.
• Interview potential customers to collect and review customer's financial needs and work with the customer to structure the most beneficial loan based on needs. It is vital the Loan Officer be proficient in all loan types including secondary market mortgage and Northpointe Portfolio.
• Develop and maintain strong sales skill via phone and email.
• Keep current on national real estate trends and laws and rules for every state we serve.
• Maintain high level of customer service as reflected in reviews on Zillow.
• Be proficient in use pricing engine and lead management system.
• Meet and/or exceed established annual loan production goals.
• Provide constructive feedback on the products and pricing demanded in the real estate market.
• Ability to effectively input loan applications to the origination system and run DU/LP.
• May perform loan processing as necessary including; ordering title work, credit report, flood, payoffs and lien releases/discharges.
• Attend staff, department, and other meetings as requested.
• Assist in fostering and maintaining a healthy team environment and offering assistance to other departments of the bank when necessary.
• Develop personal marketing programs to help increase business.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• College education in a business related subject or a level of experience this is comparable.
• 5 years Mortgage lending experience preferred or related sales experience with excellent sales and customer service skills, with a proven track record in developing business relationships.
• Knowledge of secondary market mortgage guidelines and underwriting requirements.
• Exceptional sales aptitude.
• Valid driver license required to perform primary/essential duties.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Self-starter, motivated, and capable of maintaining a positive relationship with realtors, and co-workers.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills with the ability to interact professionally with employees, clients, vendors, and the community.
• Ability to work politely and effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and utilize effective judgment while working under the pressure of deadlines along with handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE