Mortgage Purchase Program - Collateral Specialist
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Mortgage Purchase Program
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Mortgage Purchase Program Team as a Collateral Specialist. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the banking/mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position will focus on the responsibility for note receipt, bailee letter preparation and note shipments to Mortgage Purchase clients end investors.
1. Monitor aging of "wet funded" loans (loans funded without the original note having been received by the Bank) and follow up with clients should these go beyond program tolerances.
2. Retrieve client's collateral notes daily and confirm they are an original executed document, cross reference against the clients original funding submission and validate the Bank has been properly reference within the MERS system. Prepare bailee letters and ship the collateral notes to the clients committed investor within the Banks outlined timeframe.
3. Print and mail Notice of Transfer letter to borrowers on all loans over 30 days outstanding within our facility.
4. Basic knowledge of conforming, FHA, Rural Development, and VA loan programs and closing documentation.
1. Assist the Mortgage Collateral Administrator, Mortgage Purchase Underwriter, and MPP Operations Manager, as necessary, in overseeing the effective operation of the area.
2. Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes; reviewing related publications; participating in professional societies/activities; establishing networks.
3. Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
4. Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
5. Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least one year of customer service experience required.
3. Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage software, etc.).
4. Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
5. Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
6. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
7. Demonstrated leadership abilities preferably within the department (i.e., assists with training new staff, volunteers to take on additional responsibilities and/or special projects, acts as a mentor to staff by exemplifying a positive attitude and strong work habits).
8. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining satisfactory results.
9. Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
10. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and customers, work independently and is self-motivated.
11. Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
12. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE