Director of Servicing Transfers
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Loan Servicing
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our team as a Director of Servicing Transfers. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for providing leadership in the coordinating, directing, and managing of all on-boarding and de-boarding servicing functions for residential lonas to and from the servicing system. Strong focus on project management and the ability to create department efficiencies through the use of systems and technology. Emphasis on developing quality control procedures within all department functions. Position requires an individual with the ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters.
• Manage the onboarding and de-boarding of all loans to ensure the accurate and timely conversion and de-conversion of data to and from the servicing system.
• Responsible for ensuring procedures and practices adhered to for all state and federal regulatory and compliance requirements to support Bank policy and procedures.
• Communicate with other servicing departments to improve and streamline data conversions and escalate if data is not received for on-boarding or de-boarding conversion.
• Works with other servicing departments to plan, schedule, and organize servicing transfers to ensure coordinated execution of tasks for successful and accurate transfers.
• Improve and establish procedures, workflow maps, and audit controls to on-board and de-board portfolios timely and accurately.
• Develop and produce departmental metrics and implement KPI tracking for incorporation into dashboards and reporting.
• Work with servicing team and other departments to plan, schedule and organize servicing transfers to ensure coordinated execution of tasks for successful and accurate transfers.
• Review and implementation of new loan boarding system enhancements such as loan onboarding technology for bulk and flow servicing transfers to Bank. Building of efficiencies through system automation and vetting and implementation of new vendors.
• Perform quality control review to ensure standard practices with respect to reconciliation, accuracy and timeliness are followed.
• Oversee custodial document collateral management and work of file room clerks. Maintain loan on-boarding and de-boarding and collateral management processes and procedures.
• Assist with distributing and tracking submissions and responses for internal and external monthly, annual, and periodic audits of servicing functions.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Provide leadership and training to assigned staff and oversee the effective operation of the Loan Servicing area including evaluating results.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes, reviewing related publications, participating in professional societies/activities, and establishing networks.
• Participate in bank management activities as a leader /member of project teams as assigned.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business Administration or a related field.
• Proven management experience in residential mortgage servicing industry.
• Minimum 2 years residential loan servicing experience supervising the loan on-boarding and de-boarding process.
• Strong technical skills, demonstrated success leading systems conversions and implementing new processes that are scalable and meet business requirements.
• Technical knowledge and prior experience working with conversions of inbound servicing transfers and onboarding seasoned loan portfolios from Black Knight MSP or LoanServ Sagent.
• Previous Ginnie Mae / Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac loan servicing experience.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, research, interpretive, and decision-making skills to identify, evaluate and resolved issues/cases.
• Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individuals/customers.
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Previous leadership, management and training experience with a team of three or more individuals a plus. Ability to plan, organize, and direct department functions.
• Effective problem resolution and decision-making skills; record of making sound business decisions.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team oriented environment.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE