Quality Control Analyst-Post Close
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our team as a Quality Control Analyst. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for performing duties related to post closing quality control audit functions. This position will assist the AVP of Quality Control in monitoring the quality and compliance of the Bank's lending practices in accordance with federal laws, FHA guidelines, Agency guidelines as well as the Bank's Quality Control Plan. The Quality Control Analyst will work within established timeframes to prepare initial reports, contact management for audit responses, prepare the final report to be presented to senior management, and track corrective action plans.
• Perform full post close Quality Control audit reviews utilizing the Bank's third-party QC audit software, including but not limited to recalculating income and assets, confirming integrity of the AUS data, validating employment, confirming supported value of collateral, fraud review, and verifying all qualification requirements.
• Assist in preparing monthly findings reports for post close Quality Control audits within required time frames and in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA guidelines including the Bank's Quality Control Plan.
• Partner with operational business units to ensure all findings, responses and rebuttals are addressed appropriately including consistent follow-up and monitoring action plans for continuous improvement.
• Assist in optimizing efficiencies in auditing, investigations, rebuttals and reporting within the QC process.
• Assist in performing discretionary reviews of identified risks (complaints, QC trends, investor or regulator) in lending areas.
• Assist in the creation of standard operating procedures, work instructions and reporting templates.
• Prepare and distribute final monthly management reports within established deadlines.
• Remain informed on secondary market, investor and Bank guideline changes.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes; reviewing related publications; participating in professional societies/activities; establishing networks.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• 5 years of underwriting or senior level processing experience with a strong working knowledge of mortgage regulatory compliance requirements, quality assurance, and mortgage operations.
• Current underwriting or senior level processing experience and knowledge of conventional Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac agency guidelines.
• Underwriting or senior level processing experience and knowledge of FHA, USDA and VA loan programs. DE Certified preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel software preferred.
• Ability to work independently and perform problem solving and decision making under minimal supervision.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) with the ability to interact professionally with employees, customers, directors, vendors, and the community at large.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team-oriented environment.
• Effective problem resolution and decision making skills; record of making sound business decisions. Possess a sense of anticipation and foresight to avoid problems and/or difficult situations.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE