Director of Correspondent Lending Operations
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Correspondent Lending
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Correspondent Lending Team as a Director of Correspondent Operations. The position also requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the banking/mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for leading and managing the Correspondent operations to ensure the operations team is meeting the defined SLA's as defined by the channel to meet the needs of our clients. The Director will provide supervision and guidance to support operational functions to ensure processes in purchase review are accurate and successful. The Director will also oversee the communication, training, and quality control functions within the Post Purchase Support area. Position requires an individual with the ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters.
• Responsible for overseeing day to day performance metrics and reporting to management
• Provide guidance, direction, and support for the operations team
• Assist team with day to day functions based on workload and task allocation
• Allocate workload to team based on individuals' expertise and work volume
• Direct and lead according to the process and procedures
• Ensure all processes and procedures are kept up to date with all changes
• Provide operational supervision that encourages superior customer service for our internal and external customers
• Monitor the purchase review pipeline to ensure productivity goals are being met
• Provide training and support to the team or individuals as needed
• Provide status of loan files and turn times expectations to sales production staff, internal and external customers as required and requested
• Provide oversight of edits clearing in keeping to service level agreements for turn times
• Field and answer all incoming questions regarding delegated correspondent operations and/or specific file issues to ensure immediate resolution for our internal and external customers
• Monitor daily capacity and proactively report to manager as needed when capacity is under or over requirements
• Hire and staff as needed for forecasted volume
• Provide reports to Intake and Diligence teams on errors and quality defects monthly and as needed for training.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• 5+ years Mortgage operations management role
• 8+ years mortgage operations experience with a throughout understanding of mortgage loans.
• Mortgage underwriting background with FHA and VA delegation preferred but will consider based on mortgage experience.
• Working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, FHA and RD loan guidelines.
• Working knowledge of Mortgage compliance
• Working knowledge of Correspondent loan processes, preferred.
• Self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and goals
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and to manage multiple deadlines.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external). '
• Must be able to motivate others to meet their own job expectations and goals
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE