Business Intelligence Architect
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Information Systems
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Information Systems team as a Business Intelligence Architect. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for the initial development and ongoing maintenance of reporting and transactional databases, as well as the flow and translation of data throughout various systems within the bank built around best practices with standard extract-translate-load (ETL) tools such as SSIS. This individual must have a penchant for complex problem solving and be able to prepare for and adapt to rapidly evolving business requirements. The BI Architect must be fluent in T-SQL and have a working knowledge of DAX. This individual will serve as an expert resource for other analysts and developers in the area of database design, data flow, and business intelligence and will be responsible for establishing standards and best practices for reporting/dashboard design across the organization. Cross-team coordination with other functional areas of IT is essential; the BI Architect must also be able to function'both independently and under the direction/guidance of supervisor and business unit managers'as a business analyst to incorporate business process needs into database and data flow design.
• Develop and maintain a data warehouse for the aggregation, validation, and presentation of bank-wide data.
• Analyze business processes and related inter-application data flow; identify and correct areas of inefficiency and/or inaccuracy.
• Work closely with the application development team and other members of the reports team to ensure data accuracy and availability for reports and business applications.
• Develop and assist/advise in the development of reports, dashboards and related database views/stored procedures.
• Develop and maintain a self-service reporting platform for non-IT end users.
• Assist with internal and external audit preparation, investigation, and coordination.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A four year degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, information technology, and/or data sciences is strongly preferred.
• Candidate must have extensive knowledge of and minimally 3 years of practical experience (5+ preferred) working with: database design, data warehousing, and business intelligence best practices. Technological fluency in the with the following systems and their core programming languages strongly preferred:
- o Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and later)
- o Microsoft Power BI, Power BI Report Server (Tableau experience also considered)
- o Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- o Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- o Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Familiarity with MySQL a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with database server architecture, such as SQL Server High Availability and/or database replication, a plus.
• Knowledge of residential mortgage lending processes from origination through servicing is preferred but not required.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking/servicing software, etc.).
• Ability to analyze large quantities of data to produce effective reports based upon end-user requests.
• Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to identify and correct errors and inconsistencies.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers.
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE