Banking Office Representative
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Banking
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Team as a Banking Office Representative in the Grand Rapids Office. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the banking and mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for expanding and retaining relationships with deposit customers through outstanding service and recognition of cross-sell opportunities. Responsibilities include accurately managing cash transactions for the teller cash drawer, branch vault and ATM machine. Contacting customers for new and existing account maintenance, completing general office duties (process incoming mail, filing, supply orders, etc.) and maintaining current knowledge of banking products, services, and regulations.
• Professionally greet all individuals in the lobby (make eye contact, greet customers, stand and extend hand shake or assist to seating location, as appropriate).
• Operate teller window by assisting customers with deposits, payments, cashing checks, maintaining a cash drawer within prescribed limits, and accurately balancing cash on a daily basis.
• Operate drive thru teller window.
• On a daily basis process incoming mail, mobile deposits, teller proof and teller reports.).
• Open night depository and process contents on daily basis.
• Provide outstanding customer service support by assisting customers with deposit account, home loan and insurance inquiries.
• Cross-sell and upsell deposit products and services offered by Northpointe Bank.
• Assist with maintaining the branch vault by balancing, ordering and selling of cash to stay within the prescribed cash levels.
• Perform all customer service functions in compliance with standard policies and procedures, and security, compliance, and audit guidelines.
• Assist in the operation of the Bank's ATM system by coordinating outside vendor service, performing daily balancing procedures, and maintaining prescribed cash levels.
• Maintain files for open/closed deposit account documentation including legal paperwork (e.g., trust agreements, business account resolutions).
• Assist customers in the Safety Deposit Box area, such as opening, entry, and billing of annual fees.
• Prepare daily teller transactions for scanning and sending file download for daily proof processing.
• Monitor, order, and stock office supplies such as paper, pens, coffee, sugar, etc. for branch employees and customers.
• Manage branch filing room including filing customer documents, maintaining closed document files, wire files, and other filing requirements.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Previous banking experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of traditional banking products preferred.
• Cash handling experience preferred.
• At least one year of customer service experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume or work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE