- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Retail Banking
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Banking Office Team as a Personal Banker. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position will focus on providing outstanding banking service while developing and retaining relationships with deposit customers. Responsibilities include opening and closing accounts, accurately managing cash transactions, evaluating customer needs and cross-selling bank products and services, and maintaining current knowledge of banking products, services, and regulations.
• Professionally greet all individuals in the lobby (stand and extend hand shake or assist to seating location, as appropriate).
• Provide a welcoming environment to all patrons of Northpointe Bank.
• Provide customer support for online banking products (online banking, bill pay, Popmoney, mobile app). Assist with setup and routine questions.
• Maintain Branch weekly and monthly reports with key metrics. Metrics may include new/closed retained accounts, teller transactions, ATM transactions, online banking metrics, and other pertinent branch info.
• Update and maintain customer account files as needed (i.e., name, address, and rate changes).
• Open night depository and process contents on daily basis.
• Assist with daily Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) monitoring & handling as well as correcting non-posted items.
• Provide outstanding customer service support by opening new customer accounts, answering rate questions, and assisting customers with bank account inquiries.
• Sell deposit products and services offered by Northpointe Bank.
• Operate teller window by assisting customers with deposits, payments, cashing checks, maintaining a cash drawer within prescribed limits, and balancing cash on a daily basis.
• Provide customer service by assisting in answering incoming telephone calls, and appropriately directing calls or taking messages.
• Process daily incoming mail
• Assist with customer correspondence relating to and including new account Thank You letters, missing documentation and other correspondence.
• Maintain lobby rate board.
• May maintain the branch vault by balancing daily, ordering and selling of cash to stay within the prescribed cash levels.
• Management of the Bank's ATM system by coordinating outside vendor service, performing daily balancing procedures, and maintaining prescribed cash levels.
• Order and provide routine maintenance of customer Bank Check and ATM cards.
• Maintain files for open/closed deposit account documentation including legal paper (e.g., trust agreements, business account resolutions).
• Assist customers in the Customer Deposit Box area, such as opening and closing, entry, and billing of annual fees.
• Manage bank safe deposit box inventory, openings/closings, documentation, past due boxes and monthly audits.
• May prepare daily teller transactions for scanning and sending file download for daily proof processing.
• Monitor and order bank and branch supplies such as general ledger credits, savings withdrawals, etc.
• Maintain supply of bank checks and cashier's checks by recording inventory and ordering check stock as directed by each department.
• Perform and retain monthly branch audits – cash counts, safe deposit box audits, signature card records, etc.
• Participate in branch related committees and sub-committees to offer assistance, feedback and support.
• Participate in bank wide projects to offer assistance, feedback and support.
• Assist others on the team, improve Northpointe Bank's support systems, and meet or exceed departmental and corporate goals.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Previous banking experience. Working knowledge of traditional banking products.
• At least one year of customer service experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other banking software, etc.).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume or work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE