- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Accounting Team as a Financial Analyst. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position performs a broad range of accounting and analysis for the Bank. Compiles and analyzes financial information. Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, financial modeling, budgets/forecasts, managerial reports, and presentations. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Prepares financial presentations as requested. Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management. Performs financial forecasting and review of internal accounts.
Responsible for maintaining the Bank's asset and liability management model, including updating model assumptions, back-testing model output and validating model data. Performs monthly, quarterly and annual interest rate risk analysis, economic value of equity simulations and forecasting utilizing the model.
Responsible for the analysis of complex financial data and the creation and maintenance of models and reporting to support effective management and decision making across the organization. Participate in studies to improve the operational and financial success of the Bank. Extracts financial data from various Bank accounting and information systems. Utilizes a strong knowledge of the Bank's financial accounting and reporting systems.
• Prepares financial reporting and analysis of branch/department level operating results.
• Identifies and explains significant variances for current month and YTD results.
• Coordinating the financial budgeting and planning process, including working with other departments to develop forecasts.
• Gather key business metrics to be used in overall planning process.
• Prepares interest rate risk reporting utilizing ALM modeling systems.
• Provides support for internal management reporting to senior management.
• Prepare periodic financial presentations as requested.
• Reporting and analysis of key business segments.
• Participate in the collection of information and data for regulatory reporting.
• Lead projects pertaining to Accounting and Finance.
• Assist other departments with cost/benefit analysis of existing and new lines of business, new products, new software, etc.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business.
• 2 – 5 years of progressive accounting and financial analytical experience.
• Knowledge of mortgage banking.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, any other banking/accounting software, budgeting and forecasting software).
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE