- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Information Systems
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our Information Systems team as an Application Developer. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position responsible for the design and building of web applications, enhancing and maintaining existing web-basedapplications and website. This position will also provide assistance in administering and maintaining the web infrastructure, develop, manage and maintain the department's computer internet and intranet network systems, perform technical training, and provide technical and operational support to users and develop data integration and automation systems.
• Develop and support the Bank's Intranet application and connectivity. Manage the Bank's Intranet systems and online delivery functions by developing, designing, installing, updating, and monitoring the Bank's websites and applications. Develop and maintain new web content and applications that supports the Bank's sales and marketing efforts. Develop new Internet enabled applications that add/improve product and service delivery.
• Develop and maintain data integration and automation systems through the use of PHP programming and data integration tools like Foxtrot data automation system. Develop and Maintain databases in MYSQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Adhere to development and documentation standards to ensure supportability of the bank's custom applications and supporting systems.
• Analyzes, detects, and resolves user difficulties including hardware and software malfunctions related to data input, retrieval, or report generation.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes and/or by participating in other industry related activities.
• Diagnosis, installs, up-grades, and/or troubleshoots department's personal computers and peripherals. May perform basic on-site repair or equipment, or coordinate repair through outside vendor or consultant.
• Researches, procures, installs and/or up-grades software programs necessary to meet or improve departmental operations. Provides support to end users in the installation and operation of such programs.
• Develops, monitors, and maintains system security protocols for department's computer operations. Creates and administers user profiles, passwords, and user menus allowing user access to electronic mail (e-mail), other applications, and data. Provides training and technical assistance to computer system users.
• Assists Network Operations staff in technical work on company-wide computer-related needs.
• Supports the Bank's marketing, advertising, and communications function through the design, development, and management of graphics and images, including the Bank's logo and proprietary materials as needed.
• Performs the functions of other support service personnel on an as needed basis. Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Participates in training activities to assist employees on the effective utilization of system functions and resources.
• Provide assistance to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer and Web Development Manager on various projects and other duties as assigned.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associates Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field preferred.
• At least two years' experience in troubleshooting PC's and peripherals in a multi-location environment preferred.
• Experience with Networking, Email, MS Office Suite, and general systems.
• Effective interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Flexible work schedule in order to provide support/complete assigned projects (e.g., upgrades, installations) during non-business hours.
• Effective project management skills and the ability to proactively problem solve.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and handle a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
• Capacity to learn quickly and comprehend highly technical detailed information.
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner.
• Professional demeanor and interaction with all customers (internal and external).
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE