Director Default Operations
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Loan Servicing
The POWER of a CAREER! Northpointe Bank is seeking a detail oriented, customer service minded individual to join our team as a Director Default Operations. This position requires an individual who has the desire to make a difference within the organization. An exceptional ability to grasp new concepts and learn while providing excellent service is critical for this position.
If you have been looking for an opportunity in the mortgage industry, have the desire to work hard, are dedicated to your individual success, and take pride in the achievement and growth within a team, then we want to hear from you!!!
This position is responsible for department workflow and vendor oversight, to ensure compliance with all company guidelines; identifying areas of risk and establish standards to ensure compliance with all state, federal, Investor/insurer and other regulatory agency guidelines; and provide leadership for overall default operations. Position requires an individual to have the ability to interpret and apply policy regarding foreclosure, bankruptcy, loss mitigation and REO. In addition to creating and/or executing initiatives designed to increase department efficiencies and controls to establish a well ran organization, measured by meeting performance expectations and internal/external audit results. Position requires an individual with the ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters.
• Managed vendors and direct reports, including but not limited to participating in hiring decisions, training, performance reviews, assigning and prioritizing duties.
• Develop and maintain company policy and procedures, with focus on compliance and risk management
• Stay current with new state specific and federal laws and processes with regards to Default (i.e. Loss Mit, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, REO)
• Create and execute initiatives to meet performance goals, company initiatives and client requirements.
• Develop and produce monthly and quarterly reports pertaining to key performance metrics to include staff performance.
• Allocate work assignments and projects as needed.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes; reviewing related publications; participating in professional societies/activities; establishing networks.
• Ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
• Oversee accounts, outside vendors and various agencies to ensure requested actions are performed on a timely basis in accordance with policy.
• Serve as a liaison to department with respect to legal and regulatory compliance.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of database applications used to track critical files, documents, and processes.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Provide leadership and training to assigned staff and oversee the effective operation of the Loan Servicing area including evaluating results.
• Maintain industry knowledge by attending appropriate educational workshops/classes, reviewing related publications, participating in professional societies/activities, and establishing networks.
• Participate in bank management activities as a leader /member of project teams as assigned.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
• Proven management experience Default Servicing.
• Thorough knowledge of the overall banking industry and of FDIC Compliance Regulations, Federal and State loan servicing laws.
• Previous Ginnie Mae/Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac loan servicing experience.
• Agency default reporting experience along with audit/regulatory/and compliance experience.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, research, interpretive, and decision-making skills to identify, evaluate and resolved issues/cases.
• Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, any other mortgage/banking software, etc.). Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Access including database building and retrieval of data.
• Ability to be effective in difficult and hostile situations (conflict mediation skills); strong negotiation skills.
• Professional demeanor, effective interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individuals/customers. The ability to interact effectively with employees in order to motivate, direct work flow, assess performance, and assign duties. Must be able to deal with attorneys, realtors, and appraisers with both integrity and assertiveness.
• Effective personnel and project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Previous leadership, management and training experience with a team of three or more individuals a plus. Ability to plan, organize, and direct department functions.
• Effective problem resolution and decision-making skills; record of making sound business decisions. Possess a sense of anticipation and foresight to avoid challenging problems and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and sound judgment including the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and perform effectively within a team oriented environment.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines. The ability to work with minimal supervision while obtaining superior results.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Northpointe Bank recognizes that the quality of our people is the foundation for our success. Attracting individuals who value a challenging work environment that rewards the contributions of its people is the cornerstone of our hiring philosophy.
It is the policy of Northpointe Bank and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap, marital status, or other attributes not pertinent to the job requirements. This policy reflects our practice of making all employment decisions, from recruitment to promotions, based on an individual's qualifications without discrimination on any basis.
• Life, LTD, & AD&D
• Dependent Care Spending Plan (DCSA)
• Employer Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature and company match
• Complimentary Banking Services
• Tuition Assistance
AA - EOE